Oxford was founded in 1946 as a partnership then incorporated in 1948 by brothers Charles and Dixon Oxford with a $7,500 loan and a few pieces of surplus World War II equipment. Sixty-five years later, Oxford has grown and prospered to become one of the largest Highway/Heavy Contractors in South Georgia. While Oxford's largest client is the Georgia D.O.T., the company serves a diverse client base for private, commercial, industrial and governmental projects throughout Southwest Georgia.
Oxford operates four Hot Mix Asphalt plants with locations in Albany, Bainbridge, Blakely and Lumpkin. The company also operates a portable recycling plant that supports asphalt recycling operations as well as significant concrete recycling operations at all of the HMA plants.
Oxford pioneered concrete recycling in South Georgia during 1983, and was one of the first contractors in the South to recycle concrete in a large scale operation. The company recycled over 1,000,000 tons of concrete from the former Turner AFB to make way for the new Miller Brewery in Albany.
Oxford's greatest asset is its loyal, dedicated workforce of 240 professionals. The Company is fortunate to have many employees who have spent their entire careers working with Oxford. In fact, Oxford's longest-serving employee retired in December 2010, with 57 years of service to the company.